these easy zucchini parmesan chicken meatballs come together quickly and are so tender thanks to the addition of the zucchini!
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 dollop of marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated and rung out in a cheese cloth
- 1–2 teaspoons oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add chicken, bread crumbs, garlic, eggs, marinara, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl stirring to combine well (I wear gloves and just use my hands). Add in parmesan and zucchini tossing gently to combine.
- Add water to a large saute pan with high sides (about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way full).
- Using a large cookie scoop (or just a large spoon), scoop out a tablespoon or two and roll into a ball. Place into the saute pan filled with water. Repeat until all the chicken mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Bring the water to a boil, cooking the meatballs for about 5-8 minutes, then flipping and cooking another 5 minutes on the other side (or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F).
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop meatballs out of the water and serve over spiralized zucchini or whole grain spaghetti. Top with marinara and mozzarella cheese.
Keywords: zucchini, chicken, parmesan, meatballs