blistered tomatoes top whole wheat and zucchini pasta along with creamy white beans, fresh mozzarella & basil for a warm weather dinner done in less than 20 minutes that the whole family will love!
- 1 box whole wheat angel hair
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (such as ciliegine)
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy cast iron skillet over medium-high heat
- Add shallots and garlic cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute (being careful not to burn them or they will impart a bitter taste)
- Add tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2 minutes then give them a quick toss and turn off the heat. Allow them to sit in the pan for 2-3 more minutes. Add white beans, toss, then top all with salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Set aside.
- Spiralize your zucchini (if you don’t have a spiralizer, you can simply dice the zucchini) and wring out in a cheesecloth or paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Drain the whole wheat pasta and heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and toss for 1 minute, then add whole wheat pasta tossing all together for another minute or two. Remove from the pan and place into a large bowl.
- Top pasta immediately with tomatoes & beans (scraping out all excess drippings from the pan), fresh mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and gently toss to combine. If desired, finish off with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, salt & pepper.
blistered tomato recipe from what’s gaby cooking with a few tweaks
Keywords: dinner, pasta, tomatoes