blistered tomatoes top whole wheat and zucchini pasta along with creamy white beans, fresh mozzarella & basil for an easy dinner done in less than 20 minutes that the whole family will love!
- 1 box whole wheat angel hair
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (such as ciliegine)
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy cast iron skillet over medium-high heat
- Add shallots and garlic cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute (being careful not to burn them or they will impart a bitter taste)
- Add tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2 minutes then give them a quick toss and turn off the heat. Allow them to sit in the pan for 2-3 more minutes. Add white beans, toss, then top all with salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Set aside.
- Spiralize your zucchini (*see notes) and wring out in a cheesecloth or paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Drain the whole wheat pasta and heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and toss for 1 minute, then add whole wheat pasta tossing all together for another minute or two. Remove from the pan and place into a large bowl.
- Top pasta immediately with tomatoes & beans (scraping out all excess drippings from the pan), fresh mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and gently toss to combine. If desired, finish off with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, salt & pepper.
- No spiralizer? You can buy zucchini noodles at your local supermarket in the produce and freezer sections. You can also simply cube the zucchini and saute along with the tomatoes.
blistered tomato recipe from what’s gaby cooking with a few tweaks.
Keywords: dinner, pasta, tomatoes