this 2-ingredient BBQ chicken comes together quickly thanks to the use of the instant pot. super tender and loaded with BBQ flavor – it’s a perfect addition to any dish!
- 1.25 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 18 oz. jar of your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce (this will likely be more than you need)
- Place the chicken and about 1/2 the jar of BBQ sauce into the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Cover the Instant Pot and set steam valve to sealed position. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 13 minutes.
- After the 13 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes; then release the remaining pressure manually and open the lid.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl or cutting board using tongs and then shred the chicken with two forks.
- If you’d like to reduce the BBQ sauce, set to sauté and simmer, 5 minutes (you may need to add a little more).
- Add the chicken back into the pot, stir and set to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let steam release naturally for a couple minutes and then remove the lid and serve as desired!
- To cook in a crockpot, place the chicken thighs in the bottom of the bottom of the slow cooker. Add 1 cup chicken broth and cover. Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours. Shred with tongs or roughly chop the cooked chicken and toss with bbq sauce.
Keywords: chicken, bbq sauce