these simple tacos come together in a matter of minutes and are full of flavor. perfect any time of day, they’re a great meal to keep in your weekday rotation.
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 eggs, whisked with a splash of milk, salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons shredded mexican blend cheese
- 4 slices of ripe avocado
- Chipotle hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Place eggs, milk, salt & pepper in a small bowl, whisking until eggs are well beaten.
- In a non-stick saucepan over medium low heat, add a small pad of butter.
- Once butter is melted, add scrambled eggs to the pan, gently tossing until cooked (about 3-5 minutes). Remove from heat and toss eggs with cheese until cheese is melted (you can also top with cheese separately during assembly).
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup arugula
- Top arugula with 1 scrambled egg each
- Top each egg with 2 slices of avocado
- Finish off with hot sauce (optional)
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, vegetarian, tacos, meatless