creamy blackberry yogurt makes an awesome addition to my classic french toast batter bringing the perfect balance of slightly sweet & tart to this delicious whole grain breakfast.
- 6 slices of hearty whole grain bread (stale or day old is best)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup siggi’s 2% blackberry yogurt
- 3–4 tablespoons milk (plain, unsweetened if using a non-dairy option)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (depending on how much you like!)
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: additional siggi’s 2% blackberry yogurt, maple syrup & fresh blackberries
- Preheat a griddle of place a non-stick pan over medium or medium-low heat.
- In a large, shallow bowl (or plate with high edges), combine eggs, yogurt splash of milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk together until fully combined.
- Grease the griddle or pan with a pad butter
- One at a time, dip both sides of the bread slice into the egg & yogurt mixture then transfer to the preheated griddle or pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until just brown and crisp (cook times will vary so it’s best to just keep an eye out for the browning).
- Allow to cool 1-2 minutes before serving then top with toppings of choice and enjoy!
- If using store-bought sandwich bread, you may have leftover batter.
- French toast will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge and up to 2 months in the freezer. To reheat from the fridge, toast in the toaster oven or microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds. To reheat from the freezer, defrost in the microwave for 45-60 seconds then toast in the toaster oven or cook on HIGH in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, french toast, whole grain, easy meal