these easy carrot cake pancakes are a perfect brunch for spring and the upcoming Easter holiday!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose or white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1–2 cups of milk (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled & grated fine
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2–3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, spices and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine beaten egg, canola oil and 1 cup of the milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently fold until just about combined. Fold in carrots, raisins and walnuts. Using the other 1/2 cup of milk, slowly stream into the batter 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached (*see note)
- Heat a griddle or place a non-stick pan over medium heat on the stove top. Add a small pad of butter to grease.
- Add 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the batter at a time. Once bubbles form around entire pancake, flip. Repeat until all remaining batter is used.
- Pancakes will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge or up to 2 months in a freezer safe bag in the freezer.
Keywords: carrot cake, breakfast, pancakes, carrot cake pancakes