these easy chicken parmesan stuffed peppers come together quickly then bake in the oven for a delicious twist on a classic everyone will love!
- 1 8oz. block mozzarella cheese, finely shredded (don’t buy pre-shredded, buy a block and shred your own for maximum melting ability)
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 10 oz. package frozen breaded chicken, cooked according to package instructions and diced (you can also make your own or use unbreaded diced chicken)
- 4 bell peppers, tops & seeds removed
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400º F and spray an 8×8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 2/3rds of the mozzarella, 1/3 cup parmesan, garlic, shallot, marinara, basil and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper as desired then toss to combine. Gently fold in chicken.
- Spoon mixture into bell peppers and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Pour broth into baking dish (to help the peppers steam) and cover with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender (~55 minutes to 1 hour). Uncover, place the oven on broil and cook for 2 more minutes (or until cheese is browned & bubbly).
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and more Parmesan before serving.
Keywords: dinner, stuffed peppers, chicken