don’t let the long name of this recipe fool you! it comes together in just about 25 minutes with less than 10 ingredients making it a perfect weeknight meal that the whole family is sure to love!
We’re big honey mustard fans over here in this house. We’ll all pretty much eat anything as long as there’s honey mustard on it!
So when I was pulling together a grocery list (I usually do my ordering online) and I saw these Snyder’s honey mustard & onion pretzels, I knew immediately that I needed to whip up some crispy chicken tenders with them!
If you follow me on Instagram and watch my stories, then you know that last week was a little hectic! We got home from Chicago over the weekend, had Owen’s preschool orientation on Monday, Owen then fell Monday night and ended up getting 3 staples in his scalp. On top of that, he was starting preschool on Wednesday and had swim on Friday (which he ended up having to skip due to the staples!).
After all that, I knew I wanted to try to keep this week on the easier side, which meant simple, quick meals were in order!
I knew these chicken tenders would come together in just about 30 minutes and then all I needed to do was pair them with a veggie and a starch.
I added a steam-in-the-bag broccoli to my cart and some fingerling potatoes that I knew I could roast up right along side the chicken tenders and voila – I had the makings of a less than 10 ingredient dinner!
It was a total hit with everyone in our household. Now I really want to try it with tofu sticks and see if I can sneak it past Chad!Print
don’t let the long name of this recipe fool you! it comes together in just about 30 minutes with less than 10 ingredients making it a perfect weeknight meal that the whole family is sure to love!
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins or boneless, skinless breasts
- 2 cups honey mustard & onion pretzels (I used Snyder’s, you can use any brand or flavor you like best!)
- 1/2 cup flour (all-purpose or white whole wheat both work)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Honey mustard dipping sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Process the pretzels in the food processor until you get a fine grain
- Gather 3 shallow bowls. In one bowl place the beaten eggs. In a second bowl place the flour. In the third bowl place the finely ground pretzels.
- Dip chicken in the egg, then in flour, then back in the egg then finally in the snack mix making sure to fully coat each piece.
- Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through in the center (when a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F). You can also flip halfway through for even browning, though I never do that and they come out great!
- You can also make this using tofu. Simply use a block of extra firm tofu that has been drained & pressed. Slice into sticks or 1 inch blocks and sub in place of the chicken. Decrease oven temp to 425 degrees F and bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Keywords: chicken, dinner, quick, easy, family meal, chicken tenders
You Might Also Like:19