these easy chicken tacos take all of 10 minutes to pull together and include some quickly stir-fried fajita veggies that help you squeeze a little extra nutrition into your #tacotuesday!
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced, shredded or cut into strips (or 2 cups of any other type of shredded/chopped chicken, such as rotisserie)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, washed, seeded & sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, washed, seeded & sliced into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, washed, seeded & sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium zucchini, washed & cut into thin strips (~2” in length)
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin then cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 10 whole grain corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- For serving: lime wedges, chopped fresh cilantro, avocado, plain greek or skyr yogurt, hot sauce
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil (~1 tsp), the veggies and spices. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pan just to heat through and take on the flavors of the spice, sautéing for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm chicken and veggies on corn tortillas then top with desired toppings of choice.
Keywords: tacos, chicken, dinner, easy meal