these easy chicken tacos take all of 10 minutes to pull together and include some quickly stir-fried fajita veggies for a delicious #tacotuesday!
This is one of my favorite easy dinners because it comes together in pretty much no time, the entire family loves it and it requires minimal cooking on my part!
You can really make it as easy or difficult as you please. You can grill up some chicken breasts that you slice, throw some in the crockpot that you shred, or heck, just take a rotisserie chicken and use some of that!
The fajita veggies take all of 5 minutes to prep and then another 5 to make.
All in all, you really spending less than 10 minutes of active cooking time which is a weeknight meal I can definitely get behind!
If you’re a meal prepper, you can also prepare the elements of this dish on Sunday, then just heat and eat for the week ahead. Doesn’t get easier than that if you ask me!
You can also easily adjust the heat of this dish to make it work for your family. I’ve mentioned this in the past, but Owen does pretty well with spice, so we can usually get away with making things on the spicier side.
That said, if you have a kid (or any family member) that doesn’t like heat, you can totally use milder spices to make it work for you guys.
We like to serve ours with blue corn chips and some salsa plus all the toppings we love (avocado, hot sauce, yogurt, etc.). We also deconstruct Owen’s so it’s easier for him to eat. Overall, it’s a meal everyone in the house loves!Print
these easy chicken tacos take all of 10 minutes to pull together and include some quickly stir-fried fajita veggies that help you squeeze a little extra nutrition into your #tacotuesday!
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced, shredded or cut into strips (or 2 cups of any other type of shredded/chopped chicken, such as rotisserie)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, washed, seeded & sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, washed, seeded & sliced into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, washed, seeded & sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium zucchini, washed & cut into thin strips (~2” in length)
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin then cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 10 whole grain corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- For serving: lime wedges, chopped fresh cilantro, avocado, plain greek or skyr yogurt, hot sauce
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil (~1 tsp), the veggies and spices. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pan just to heat through and take on the flavors of the spice, sautéing for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm chicken and veggies on corn tortillas then top with desired toppings of choice.
Keywords: tacos, chicken, dinner, easy meal