plump juicy raisins join tender apples & crunchy walnuts for a hearty morning dish that comes together in under 10 minutes!
- 1/2 cup rolled or old fashioned oats
- 2/3 – 1 cup milk or water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or apple pie spice (more or less as desired)
- 1/2 medium apple, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1–2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Combine oats, liquid of choice, chia seeds, cinnamon, apple and raisins in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir frequently and once the majority of the liquid is absorbed (about 3 minutes), turn the heat to low stirring continuously until the oats get a somewhat gummy texture (about 3 additional minutes). Apples should be warm & gently tender and raisins should be plump.
- Scoop contents out into a bowl and mix in brown sugar and walnuts. Serve immediately.
Keywords: whole grain, breakfast, oatmeal, vegetarian