This easy chicken salad comes together in minutes and uses tart plain yogurt in place of the usual mayonnaise, providing an additional boost of protein. Perfect to pack for lunch or eat in a sandwich as a mid-day meal!
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded or cubed (rotisserie, baked or grilled all work)
- ¼ cup 4% plain siggi’s or lactose-free siggi’s
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 stalk of celery, washed, leaves removed, ends cut and sliced
- ½ – 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ½ – 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup seedless grapes, halved
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons roughly chopped pecans
- Add everything to a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Serve in any way you see fit (over a large salad, in a sandwich or with crackers for dipping!)
- Chicken salad will last 3-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge
Keywords: chicken salad, lunch, sandwich