this easy pasta meatball bake comes together in just about 30 minutes and is packed with whole grains, fiber, protein and veggies making it a perfect meal for busy weeknights!
- 1 lb box whole wheat pasta (I used penne, you can use whatever you like best!)
- 12–14 cooked chicken meatballs (try these veggie-loaded baked chicken meatballs for even more veggies! I like Aidell’s Italian-style chicken meatballs if I’m doing store-bought)
- 2 cups broccoli, cooked until just tender
- 24 oz. jar marinara sauce (or make your own)
- 1 cup finely shredded parmesan
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- Optional: fresh herbs (basil, oregano or parsley) for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix together parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and set aside.
- Cook pasta until just al dente (about 4-5 minutes), drain and return to pot
- Add cooked meatballs, cooked broccoli, jar of marinara and 1 cup of parmesan/mozzarella cheese mixture
- Stir until well combined then add into prepared baking sheet making sure to evenly spread the meatballs throughout the dish
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Pull out after 20 minutes and top with remaining cheese, then return to the oven for another 10 minutes (or until cheese is just melted)
- Remove from the oven, top with freshly chopped herbs of choice & serve
- This will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- To reheat, microwave individual portions on HIGH for 1 minute or until warmed to your liking.
Keywords: meatball, pasta, bake, dinner, easy, healthy