fluffy and filled with whole grains, these easy pancakes use just 8 ingredients and take 10 minutes to make! they will definitely will be your new go-to pancake recipe!
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour, all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of cinnamon (more or less as desired)
- 1 cup milk (any kind you like) – plus more as needed to reach desired consistency
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Optional add-ins: fresh berries, chocolate chips, bananas, finely chopped walnuts, etc.
- Preheat griddle to 300 degrees F (or non-stick pan on a stove top over medium heat)
- Mix together dry ingredients, stirring well to combine
- Mix together wheat ingredients, whisking well to combine
- Combine wet with dry ingredients gently folding with a rubber spatula to combine
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto the prepared griddle or pan. Flip once bubbles just start to form cooking on the other side about 3 more minutes or until just browned. Repeat until all the batter has been used
- Pancakes freeze well in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
Keywords: pancakes, breakfast, brunch