easy, fluffy pancakes use just 8 ingredients and take 10 minutes to make! they will definitely will be your new go-to pancake recipe!
Who doesn’t love pancakes? I feel like they’re pretty much a universally loved food. I haven’t even come across anyone in all my years of life who has told me that they don’t like pancakes.
I love pancakes. Like, more than love them. They’re one of my all-time favorite things to eat for breakfast. The funny thing is, I always find myself leaning more towards waffles than pancakes when I’m the one making them.
To me, it’s so much easier to just scoop the batter into the preheated waffle iron, close the lid and 3 minutes later, it’s done for you than pour the batter onto the griddle, wait for the perfect moment to flip, worry about the flip being perfect, flip again for the other side to cook…etc.
Does that make me lazy? Even typing that out I felt like the pancake process would be much longer than it is. Haha.
Maybe I’m lazy, or maybe you guys are with me. Either way, this short-stack pancake recipe solves your problems. It makes just 6 pancakes so you’re not a slave to the griddle all morning. Instead, you can do three at a time (depending on the size of your griddle) and in just two rounds, you’re enjoying a stack of fluffy, warm pancakes.
Fluffy, delicious and oh-so-easy. I like to slather mine with a little butter, a drizzle of syrup and serve with some fresh fruit.
And feel free to go wild with add-ins. Owen’s favorite is chocolate chips but you can also toss fresh fruit right into the batter if you so please.
fluffy and filled with whole grains, these easy pancakes use just 8 ingredients and take 10 minutes to make! they will definitely will be your new go-to pancake recipe!
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour, all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of cinnamon (more or less as desired)
- 1 cup milk (any kind you like) – plus more as needed to reach desired consistency
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Optional add-ins: fresh berries, chocolate chips, bananas, finely chopped walnuts, etc.
- Preheat griddle to 300 degrees F (or non-stick pan on a stove top over medium heat)
- Mix together dry ingredients, stirring well to combine
- Mix together wheat ingredients, whisking well to combine
- Combine wet with dry ingredients gently folding with a rubber spatula to combine
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto the prepared griddle or pan. Flip once bubbles just start to form cooking on the other side about 3 more minutes or until just browned. Repeat until all the batter has been used
- Pancakes freeze well in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
Keywords: pancakes, breakfast, brunch