this easy tuna salad is loaded with hidden veggies giving it a perfect crunch and tons of flavor. top it with a slice of cheese and toast it up for a tuna melt!
- 3 ounces albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2–4 tablespoons plain greek or skyr yogurt (more or less depending on how wet you like it)
- 1–2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (honey mustard also works!)
- 1 slice mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 2 slices hearty whole grain bread
- Small handful of leafy greens greens
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well
- Spread on one slice of whole grain bread, top with slice of cheese and place in the toaster oven to allow the bread to toast, tuna to warm and cheese to melt
- Add tomato and greens, sandwich together, slice and serve!