these easy greek orzo pasta salad comes together in just about 10 minutes and is packed with flavor. perfect for your summer barbecues!
- 2 cups whole wheat orzo
- 4 quarts low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 english cucumber, sliced & quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt & pepper for dressing
- Freshly chopped basil or oregano
- Optional add-ins: sliced olives, 1/4 cup diced dried apricots, 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Combine orzo and vegetable broth (or water if it’s what you have!) in a large pot and bring to a boil over HIGH heat. Once boiling, cook 8 minutes then drain and place back into the pot
- To the pot add cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, chickpeas, walnuts and feta cheese. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil (~2-3 tablespoons), red wine vinegar (~2-3 teaspoons – balsamic would work as well!), salt & freshly ground black pepper then toss again to combine.
- Top with freshly chopped herbs of choice (basil and oregano are both great!)
- Serve with pita and tzatziki sauce
Keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Keywords: pasta salad, greek, mediterranean, orzo, whole grain