don’t let the long name of this recipe fool you! it comes together in just about 30 minutes with less than 10 ingredients making it a perfect weeknight meal that the whole family is sure to love!
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins or boneless, skinless breasts
- 2 cups honey mustard & onion pretzels (I used Snyder’s, you can use any brand or flavor you like best!)
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (all-purpose would work here too)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Honey mustard dipping sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Process the pretzels in the food processor until you get a fine grain
- Gather 3 shallow bowls. In one bowl place the beaten eggs. In a second bowl place the flour. In the third bowl place the finely ground pretzels.
- Dip chicken in the egg, then in flour, then back in the egg then finally in the snack mix making sure to fully coat each piece.
- Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through in the center (when a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F). You can also flip halfway through for even browning, though I never do that and they come out great!
- Serve with a vegetable and a starch or throw on top of a salad for an easy meal.
- You can also make this using tofu. Simply use a block of extra firm tofu that has been drained & pressed. Slice into sticks or 1 inch blocks and sub in place of the chicken. Decrease oven temp to 425 degrees F and bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Keywords: chicken, dinner, quick, easy, family meal, chicken tenders