this easy chicken dinner is so delicious and so easy to make. coming together in just about 30 minutes, it’s full of flavor and fresh summer flavor perfect for the warmer months ahead!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup honey mustard marinade (see note #1)
- Salt & pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded pepperjack cheese, divided
- 1 recipe for easy pico de gallo
- For serving: fresh avocado, roasted potato or chips
- Add chicken breasts to a ziploc bag with honey mustard and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over the foil and lay marinated chicken onto it, sprinkling with salt and pepper
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove chicken and cover each breast with the pepperjack cheese
- Place back in the oven and bake for a final 5 minutes (or until chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F)
- Remove, top each breast with fresh pico de gallo and serve with avocado, roasted potatoes or chips
- To make your own honey mustard marinade, simply combine 1/2 cup mustard (any kind you prefer will work!) with 1/2 cup honey, 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, 1 minced garlic clove (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder), salt & pepper together in a food processor or blender and blend (if using garlic powder, you can simply whisk with a fork).
- You can also choose to grill the chicken which will cut down on time. For grilling, over medium heat, grill 4-6 minutes per side or until chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Keywords: dinner, chicken, easy, healthy