if you love pb&j but want to switch it up from the usual sandwich, these fluffy oats are the perfect base for your favorite pb&j toppers!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened soymilk (or water, or other preferred milk)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or preferred nut butter)
- 2–3 tablespoons raspberry fruit preserves (or preferred flavor), divided
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped, divided
- Combine oats, liquid of choice and chia seeds in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir frequently and once the majority of the liquid is absorbed (about 3 minutes), turn the heat to low, gently fold in peanut butter, stirring to combine (*see note).
- Fold in 1/2 the fruit and stir continuously until the oats get a somewhat gummy texture (about 2-3 additional minutes). Fruit should be warm & gently tender.
- Scoop contents out into two bowls. Top with additional peanut butter as desired and divide fruit preserves, remaining berries and chopped peanuts among bowls.
- If oats seem thick, add additional liquid to thin out until it has reached your desired consistency.
Keywords: pb&j, breakfast, oatmeal