this easy dish comes together quickly and is loaded with flavor, heart-healthy fats and fiber making it a perfect weeknight dish!
- 1.5 cups halved or shredded fresh brussel sprouts
- 1.5 cups fresh broccoli florets, stems removed
- 1 9 oz. package fresh spinach & cheese tortellini
- 1/3 cup pesto (more or less as desired)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- freshly shaved parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spread brussel sprouts and broccoli in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil (about 2 teaspoons). Sprinkle with salt then toss to make sure the veggies are well-coated. Bake for 25 minutes or until just crisp and browned.
- While the veggies roast, cook tortellini according to package instructions. Once cooked and drained, immediately top with pesto and stir to ensure tortellini is well coated with pesto.
- Toss in roasted vegetables and stir to combine. Add more pesto as desired to ensure everything is coasted then portion into dishes and sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste and freshly shaved parmesan cheese.