this easy dish comes together quickly and is loaded with flavor, heart-healthy fats and fiber making it a perfect weeknight dish!
What better way to celebrate Meatless Monday than with this easy dish!?
Not only is it an easy way to go meatless, but it’s so incredibly easy to pull together that I promise you it will become a staple that you come back to again & again!
Not only is a total cinch to pull together, but it’s providing loads of heart-healthy fat, fiber and FLAVOR.
On top of that, it’s also completely customizable. You can utilize whatever pasta you have on hand and whatever veggies you’re looking to use up! I’ve yet to find a veggie that I don’t enjoy slathered with pesto.
Combine all of that with a little creamy, melty cheese and be still my heart. Who needs anything else?!
This is truly the dish that weeknight dinner dreams were made of. And I can also attest that its leftovers are also the dish that busy weekday lunches are made of 😉
pesto spinach tortellini with roasted vegetables
- 1.5 cups halved or shredded fresh brussel sprouts
- 1.5 cups fresh broccoli florets, stems removed
- 1 9 oz. package fresh spinach & cheese tortellini
- 1/3 cup pesto (more or less as desired)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- freshly shaved parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spread brussel sprouts and broccoli in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil (about 2 teaspoons). Sprinkle with salt then toss to make sure the veggies are well-coated. Bake for 25 minutes or until just crisp and browned.
- While the veggies roast, cook tortellini according to package instructions. Once cooked and drained, immediately top with pesto and stir to ensure tortellini is well coated with pesto.
- Toss in roasted vegetables and stir to combine. Add more pesto as desired to ensure everything is coasted then portion into dishes and sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste and freshly shaved parmesan cheese.