this quick and easy veggie-packed meatball soup will quickly become a family favorite. loaded with flavor and simple to make, it’ll be a go-to of yours in no time!
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, washed and diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- ½ pound whole wheat penne pasta (or other type of whole wheat pasta)
- 2 12 oz. packages pre-cooked chicken meatballs (I love Aidells Italian Style with Mozzarella or you can make your own)
- Optional toppings: chopped parsley, freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot
- Meanwhile, prepare carrots, celery and onion then add to the oil cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, water, tomato paste and tomatoes stirring to combine then cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add pre-cooked chicken meatballs to the pot and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pasta. Cook 10 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Spoon into bowls and add desired toppings
- Not into meat? You can sub in these easy lentil meatballs!
Keywords: soup, meatballs, chicken, quick, easy, dinner