anything goes with this easy roasted harvest vegetable barley bowl. roast up any veggies you have on, toss with some nuts & goat cheese and serve with a heaping square of cornbread.
- 1 cup cooked pearled barley *see note #1
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh brussel sprouts, washed and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup soft cooked apples
- 4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons apple pie spiced candied pecans
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Optional to serve with this dish: pumpkin spice cornbread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts and toss with minced garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until just browned.
- Toss roasted vegetables with all other ingredients and enjoy!
- I recommend cooking your barley in a chicken or vegetable broth, it adds much more flavor.
Keywords: barley, vegetables, grain bowl, vegetarian