these soft cooked apples come together in one pan and are perfect for tossing into oatmeal, serving as a side or even topping with some ice cream for a delicious dessert!Print
these soft cooked apples come together in one pan and are perfect for tossing into oatmeal, serving as a side or even topping with some ice cream for a delicious dessert!
- 4 apples, peeled & sliced
- 2/3 cup water, divided
- 2–3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2–3 tablespoons butter
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add apples and cook 5 minutes or until just softened.
- Add 1/3 cup water, brown sugar, apple pie spice and vanilla extract, stirring well to full combine and coat the apples. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- With the remaining 1/3 cup of water, add the cornstarch, stirring well to make a slurry. Pour mixture into the pan and stir well to combine.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook for another minute or until the mixture has reached your desired consistency.
- Remove and serve warm with ice cream, toss into oatmeal or on top of yogurt with some granola.
- Apples will keep up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: apples, side, fall, snack