done in 30 minutes, this baked oatmeal is filled with sweetness from ripe pears and warming spices for a cozy autumn breakfast the whole family will love!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3–4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all-spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 –2 ripe pears, peeled, cored & chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk, any kind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional for topping: 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts (you can also toss this right into the batter), yogurt, maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, chia seeds, baking powder, brown sugar, spices and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently fold to combine.
- Fold in pears, then spoon batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean or with a few wet crumbs and the crisp is just browned.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then slice and serve.
- Oatmeal will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Keywords: breakfast, pear, spice, oatmeal