this quick and easy chickpea & tofu farro bowl is loaded with flavor and nutrition and comes together in just about 30 minutes
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced & quartered
- 1/4 small red onion, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained & pressed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1–2 teaspoons sambal oelek (more or less as desired)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup hummus (more or less as desired)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Place cubed sweet potato and tofu on baking sheet and drizzle everything with olive oil, salt & pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until everything is lightly browned and just crisp.
- While sweet potato & tofu roasts, add olive oil to a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-low heat and drizzle with olive oil. place garlic in and sauté for 30 seconds to one minute. add onion, zucchini, chickpeas, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt & pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until just tender
- Add roasted tofu & sweet potatoes to the pan with the veggies then sambal oelek and toss for a minute or two so all the flavors marinate then spoon over cooked farro.
- Top with hummus & enjoy!
Keywords: vegetarian, meatless, quick, lunch