freshly sliced turkey is sandwiched between two slices of whole grain cranberry walnut bread along with melty cheddar, crisp apple, peppery arugula, red onions and honey mustard for a mid-day meal that’s perfect for the season!
- 2 slices of whole grain cranberry walnut bread (if you’re not into bread making, you can find this in the bakery section of your local grocery store or see if your local bakery has a loaf!)
- 3–4 oz. lower sodium turkey breast (I love Boar’s Head)
- 2 slices of white cheddar cheese
- 5–7 rings of red onion
- 5–7 thinly sliced apples or pears (or a mix of both!)
- Handful of arugula
- 1–2 tablespoons honey mustard
- Layer the slices of cheddar onto the bread and toast to allow the cheese to melt & bread to toast (*see note)
- Spread each side with honey mustard then layer arugula on one side.
- Place thinly sliced apples (or pears or a mix of both, if using) on the other side of the bread on top of the melted cheddar and honey mustard
- On top of the apples layer turkey then onions.
- Sandwich the bread together, slice in half and enjoy!
- If you want to pack this for lunch, you can skip the toasting. I’ve never had a problem with toasting bread and then packing it, but if it’s not for you, feel free to nix it.
Keywords: lunch, sandwich, turkey