these meatballs are loaded with 3 different kinds of veggies and are baked, not fried. they’re quick to pull together and they freeze well!
- 1/2 large zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place zucchini, carrot and cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until all the veggies are well-minced. Remove and set aside.
- To the same food processor, add breadcrumbs, parmesan and spices, pulsing until well combined.
- Place ground chicken into a large mixing bowl and add pulsed veggies, breadcrumb mixture, beaten egg and olive oil. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon (I just use my hands) to combine well.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop meatballs and roll into a ball then place on the baking sheet (they may be sticky, so if you don’t care if they have a flat bottom, skip the rolling step and simply scoop directly onto the prepared baking sheet). Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or bag in the freezer for 3-4 months. Pull out as needed and defrost in the microwave to serve.
Keywords: meatballs, chicken, dinner, kid-friendly, quick, easy, veggie-loaded