these fluffy whole grain pancakes are easy to make and packed with blueberry & banana flavor.
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened soymilk, divided
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries ((you may not use all of these depending on how many you add to each pancake))
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine beaten egg, canola oil and 1 cup of the milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Gently fold in banana once combined. Using the other cup of milk, slowly stream into the batter 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached (*see note)
- Heat a griddle or place a non-stick pan over medium heat on the stove top. Add a small pad of butter or oil to grease.
- Add 1/3 cup of the batter at a time, placing several blueberries on top. Once bubbles start forming, flip. Repeat until all remaining batter is used.
* the thicker your pancakes are, the harder it is to get them to cook in the center. i probably use about 1 1/2 or 1 2/3 cup of milk total. the batter should be fairly pourable.
Keywords: breakfast, pancakes, whole grain, blueberry, banana, quick, easy, healthy