these fluffy whole grain pancakes are easy to make and packed with blueberry banana flavor.
Is there anything better than a big stack of blueberry pancakes?
I’ll tell you – yes, there is. A big stack of whole grain blueberry banana pancakes! I have NO IDEA why it took me so long to make pancakes using these flavors.
It was actually Owen who got me thinking about it. Back when he was still doing purees one of his favorites was the blueberry banana and the other day, blueberries were on sale and I bought them thinking I could make him a blueberry banana smoothie or something.
As I pulled the blueberries out, I was like “well, maybe he’ll like these better as muffins.” I started pulling out the ingredients and was like “ya know what would be SO much easier? PANCAKES!”
It is not a hard sell for me at all to get Owen on board with pancakes. In fact, I try to make a batch every couple weeks that I can just freeze and pull out for easy meals & snacks for everyone in the house.
So out of that, these babies were born and boy I bet you’re glad I just took you through that pretty boring story!
These guys are loaded with fiber thanks to the white whole wheat flour, banana & blueberries in there, low in sugar and oh-so-simple to make. Plus, they likely contain stuff you already have in the house!
I used fresh blueberries, but frozen would absolutely work here as well. Finish off with a little butter and a drizzle of pure maple syrup then dive in!Print
whole grain blueberry banana pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
these fluffy whole grain pancakes are easy to make and packed with blueberry & banana flavor.
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened soymilk, divided
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries ((you may not use all of these depending on how many you add to each pancake))
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine beaten egg, canola oil and 1 cup of the milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Gently fold in banana once combined. Using the other cup of milk, slowly stream into the batter 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached (*see note)
- Heat a griddle or place a non-stick pan over medium heat on the stove top. Add a small pad of butter or oil to grease.
- Add 1/3 cup of the batter at a time, placing several blueberries on top. Once bubbles start forming, flip. Repeat until all remaining batter is used.
* the thicker your pancakes are, the harder it is to get them to cook in the center. i probably use about 1 1/2 or 1 2/3 cup of milk total. the batter should be fairly pourable.
Keywords: breakfast, pancakes, whole grain, blueberry, banana, quick, easy, healthy
Hi there! Can you use regular milk?
Yes, absolutely! Any kind works 🙂