- 6 slices of whole wheat bread (stale or day old is best)
- 3 eggs
- Splash of milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter (for greasing the pan)
- Optional toppings: nut butter, yogurt, syrup, fruit
- Preheat a griddle of place a non-stick pan over medium or medium-low heat.
- In a large, shallow bowl (or plate with high edges), combine eggs, splash of milk and cinnamon. Whisk together until fully combined.
- Grease the griddle or pan with butter
- One at a time, dip both sides of the bread slice into the egg/milk/cinnamon mixture and transfer to the preheated griddle or pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until just brown and crisp.
- Allow to cool 1-2 minutes before serving then top with toppings of choice and enjoy!
- This will keep up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- You can also freeze up to 2 months in an airtight container. When ready to serve, simple defrost in the microwave (or leave out in a ziploc bag on the counter overnight).