these delicious whole grain waffles are hearty & filling while remaining light & fluffy in texture with the most beautiful hint of citrusy sweetness from the addition of Florida Orange Juice. a perfect way to celebrate dad!
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup milk
- Optional toppings: fresh fruit, yogurt, maple syrup, dusting of powdered sugar
- Preheat a waffle iron
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine and set aside
- In a separate mixing bowl, add eggs, oil, milk and 100% orange juice whisking until well combined
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula to gently fold until no flour pockets remain
- Add ¼ – 1/3 cup of batter to each waffle iron square (or 1 cup total if using a round iron) and cook
- Remove from waffle iron, allow to cool 2 minutes then top with toppings of choice and enjoy!
- For even more orange flavor, feel free to whisk in 1 teaspoon orange zest with the dry ingredients.
- Waffles will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months
Keywords: waffles, breakfast, brunch, whole grain, healthy, quick, easy