- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (more if you like!)
- 1 container 2% siggi’s pumpkin & spice yogurt
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Topping: ¼ cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin
- Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add yogurt mashed banana, pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet carefully folding together until just combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins until mostly full. Top each with a sprinkle of rolled oats
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days (if they last that long!). Depending on the amount of humidity in your area, you may just want to wrap individually in plastic wrap, place in a freezer safe bag and freeze immediately. You can pull them out and defrost in the microwave and they taste just as good for up to 2 months!
Keywords: breakfast, muffins, pumpkin, banana, low sugar