these lightly sweetened pumpkin spice banana muffins are so moist thanks to the addition of yogurt and packed with whole grains, making them a muffin you can feel good about serving up!
This post is sponsored by siggi’s. All opinions contained within are my own. As always, thank you for allowing me to partner with brands I love to bring you wholesome, balanced recipes!
It’s officially October which means it’s time to break out the pumpkin recipes (if you couldn’t tell by your Instagram feeds blowing up with everything pumpkin!) and if I were you, I would absolutely add these babies to your list!
These muffins are so wonderfully melt-in-your-mouth moist that you’ll have a hard time stopping at just one! I originally made them for Owen because I wanted some easy breakfast options that I could pull out and serve him, but he’s going to have a hard time getting more than just one between me and my husband!
I added in 2% siggi’s pumpkin & spice yogurt whose simple ingredients keep these muffins lower in sugar while providing a boost of protein. They also helped to make the most tender muffin you’ll ever eat! Truly, if you eat one warm from the oven, it literally melts in your mouth. And that’s without a stitch of butter or oil!
And ooooh the pumpkin spice flavor in these babies. Between the 2% siggi’s pumpkin & spice yogurt (which is one of their 3 seasonal offerings, so get it while you can!) the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice, it’s literally all the flavors you love from pumpkin pie. An added bonus to these muffins is that that make your whole kitchen smell like fall. Not only that, but they take just about 30 minutes from start to stuff-them-in-your-face.
Honestly, what could be better than that!?
I’ll tell you what: muffins that are low in sugar, high in protein, packed with whole grains and full of pumpkin spice flavor. I can tell you from experience that they are muffins the entire family will love. Owen actually cried when he finished his. I kid you not. If that doesn’t sell you on these, I don’t know what will!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (more if you like!)
- 1 container 2% siggi’s pumpkin & spice yogurt
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Topping: ¼ cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin
- Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add yogurt mashed banana, pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet carefully folding together until just combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins until mostly full. Top each with a sprinkle of rolled oats
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days (if they last that long!). Depending on the amount of humidity in your area, you may just want to wrap individually in plastic wrap, place in a freezer safe bag and freeze immediately. You can pull them out and defrost in the microwave and they taste just as good for up to 2 months!
Keywords: breakfast, muffins, pumpkin, banana, low sugar