These truffles you guys.
Not only are they ridiculously easy to pull together but they’re absolutely delicious.
They were born out of a snack that I was eating the other day where I take pretzels, dip them in peanut butter and add a few chocolate chips.
As I was munching on it the other day I had an epiphany – what if I crushed up the pretzels, combined them with peanut butter and rolled it all in chocolate!
And before I knew it, I was crushing up pretzels, mixing them in with crunchy flaxseed peanut butter and popping them into the fridge to chill.
These little guys come in really handy for that 3pm sweet tooth that always seems to kick in.
They’re also great as an after dinner palate cleanser 🙂
- 1/2 cup natural crunchy peanut butter with flaxseed (I used Teddie)
- 1/4 cup roughly crushed pretzels (don't crush too small, you want a few big chunks so you can really taste them!)
- 2/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips, melted
- Combine pretzels and peanut butter in a small bowl and stir well
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour
- Meanwhile, prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat
- Remove from the fridge (dough should be pretty firm, if it's not, place it back in the fridge until it sets up a bit more)
- Once the dough is firm, use a small cookie scoop and scoop dough into balls placing each onto the prepared baking sheet
- Place tray with dough balls into the freezer and allow to set for another hour
- Right before pulling out of the freezer, melt the chocolate (either in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring between each 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted or over a double boiler)
- Pull the balls out of the freezer, pour chocolate over and place back into the freezer to allow the chocolate to set