I actually have to confess to you guys that I often get really lazy when it comes to making things like hummus and pesto at home. I have NO idea why because they really come together in minutes and take no time whatsoever.
It’s really as easy as throwing a few things into a food processor, blending and done. I also like that it allows you to use different greens (kale, spinach, arugula!) and different combinations of nuts and cheeses.
This is the perfect thing to throw on whole wheat cheese tortellini, a top an over-easy egg on whole wheat toast or even on an easy whole wheat spaghetti with chicken sausage!
However you choose to use it, I promise you won’t be disappointed. Both in terms of how quickly it comes together and in terms of the flavor it adds to dishes.
- 1 medium bunch kale, center ribs and stems removed
- 1-2 garlic cloves (more or less depending on your preference)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add kale to the food processor and pulse until leaves are slightly chopped and take up less of the
- Add garlic, walnut and cheese and process
- Slowly add olive oil in a steady stream until pesto is at desired consistency
- Season with salt and pepper to taste