If you couldn’t tell from these, I’m a huge chocolate+mint fan.
It’s like the chocolate/peanut butter flavor combination for the holidays in my opinion.
These literally melt in your mouth and taste just like a dark chocolate york peppermint patty.
This is the first year I couldn’t find the green mint chips (which I think adds a little more festive color to the cookies) but green or not, these still tasted just as good as they do every year!
They keep fairly well too so they could make a perfect last-minute gift as well!
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup Hershey's special dark baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Hershey's mint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
recipe adapted from nestle tollhouse