So what’s a person to do when they’ve made an entire batch of Jumbo Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies that just sit around on the counter all day looking delicious?
Well, the first option is just to eat them all.
The second option?
But let’s be real here…even if I had someone else hide them for me and I didn’t know their whereabouts, I’d still manage to find them.
So let’s go with a 3rd option, it’s a little more fun..
Make Homemade Jumbo Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner 🙂
Just don’t try to say that five times fast because you might break your brain.
Leave the brain freezes to these guys…
Trust me on this one.
I speak from experience.
Homemade Jumbo Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Prepare Jumbo Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies using this recipe
- Allow to cool (I left my out on the counter overnight so they would harden enough to support the ice cream in the middle
- Pick favorite ice cream flavor of choice (I used Trader Joe’s Strawberry Soy Ice Cream)
- About a half hour before assembling, take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow to soften on the counter (you want the ice cream just soft enough to scoop and smash, but not dripping)
- Place cookies in a single file line bottom up on a baking sheet lined with foil
- Gather a hefty scoop of ice cream using an ice cream scoop that has been run under warm water and place it on each of the cookies
- With a spoon that has been run under warm water, smooth the ice cream scoop down so it lies flat on the cookie
- Top with second cookie (bottom side down) and gently press the two ends together
- Wrap individually in tin foil and store in the freezer up to one week!