I distinctly recall the day I started baking.
I was pulling out my peanut butter jar for my daily apple + peanut butter snack and realized that there was a recipe on the back for peanut butter cookies…one that seemed relatively simple.
Having grown up watching my mother bake – I felt pretty capable of achieving the results on the back of that jar.
And thus began my foray into baking.
So for today, I decided to tackle an old favorite.
Only this time I didn’t use the recipe on the back of my jar of JIF.
This time I came up with my own. My how I’ve grown 🙂
Jumbo Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp. plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth
- Combine last 3 ingredients in a small bowl
- Add flour mixture to large bowl, stirring until just combined
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop even balls of dough onto an un-greased, non-stick cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (I’d recommend no more than 6 scoops per sheet).
- Cook 10-12 minutes until lightly browned
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on the pan then transfer to a wire rack