For some reason I always forget about quesadillas.
It’s funny too because I almost always have at least the most basic ingredients in my house for them.
Like corn tortillas and shredded white meat chicken.
And limes and avocado and greek yogurt.
While all of the above items are delicious on their own, they’re even better when you combine them all together.
It’s a great way to get a little bit of everything into one simple meal – veggies, lean protein, healthy fats, dairy and whole grains. Plus it’s made in minutes! My favorite kind of dishes 🙂
- 1 grilled chicken breast, baked and shredded
- Juice of half a lime
- 4 whole grain corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mexican blend cheese
- Cooking spray
- Optional: greek yogurt, avocado and hot sauce
- Heat a pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the shredded, grilled chicken breast and toss to combine
- Layer two of the corn tortillas with the lime-infused chicken, half the cherry tomatoes, spinach and cheese
- Top with each with remaining two corn tortillas
- Place in the pan, cooking on each side (about 3-5 minutes per side depending on the stovetop) until just browned
- Slice and serve with toppings of choice