These are a somewhat new kind of must at Christmas for us. They’re one of Chad’s favorites so, despite my dislike of working with melted chocolate, I suck it up once a year and do it just for him.
The rest of my family doesn’t mind much either (and if I’m honest, neither do I). They’re so simple but so incredibly delicious.
They can start to melt so if you’re thinking of gifting them to someone, just make sure you warn them to keep them refrigerated.
Around these parts, the melting isn’t as much of a problem because 1 minute outside hardens them right up!
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package winter or regular Oreos
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Process the Oreos in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs are formed.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until fully combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough into hand then roll in your hand to smooth the balls.
- hands then placing on the parchment paper.
- Place the truffles in the refrigerator over night or in the freezer for about 3 hours.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips over a double boiler then, working with one truffle at a time, coat in the melted chocolate.
- Place truffles back in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, melt the white chocolate.
- Once the white chocolate is melted, pull truffles back out of the refrigerator and drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Put the truffle back in the refrigerator to store.