Another day on campus complete!
It’s crazy how fast the morning hours fly by.
Most of the academic classrooms are so cold that it’s hard not to want a warm beverage to sip but this is a habit that I absolutely cannot get into. Even though it’s only $1-something, it’s a slipper slope and can add up fast!
Around noon I broke into my lunch.
Truth be told it’s a little early for me, but Chem starts at 12:30 so I don’t really have a choice – especially since I like to workout right after Chem.
I threw some turkey + mozzarella cheese roll ups, some whole wheat pita triangles, an apple and baby carrots into my bag.
This type of finger foods lunch is perfect for days like today though because I don’t have to eat a whole big lunch, I can just munch on little bits of it throughout the early afternoon (and even after my workout). I’m definitely keeping this in mind for the future!
Instead of going to the gym today I decided to go straight home and run outside. It’s getting to be that perfect time of year for running so I want to work to build my mileage back up a bit so I can enjoy it to the fullest! I came home a happy, sweaty mess
I cooled down with 20 minutes of yoga and boy oh boy did it feel good.
For dinner we utilized our Easiest Ever Turkey Meatballs and made meatball subs!
Easiest Ever Turkey Meatball Subs
- 2 whole wheat baguettes
- 4 Easiest Ever Turkey Meatballs
- 2 slices of fresh mozzarella (or more if you desire!)
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to BROIL on HIGH.
- Split whole wheat baguettes in half.
- Warm meatballs in the microwave (30 seconds should do) if using leftovers otherwise place 2 meatballs on the bottom half of each baguette.
- Top each sandwich with grated parmesan then mozzarella slice(s)
- Place directly on the rack in the oven (or you can place on a tin-foil lined sheet if you’re worried about dripping cheese) and watch carefully. Once the cheese starts to bubble and brown, pull out the sandwiches, top with remaining half of the baguette and enjoy!
We ate ours along with side salads (mixed greens, avocado, shredded carrots). A perfect end to the day.
I can’t get this song out of my head today!!
Off to read!0