Something has kind of changed my life.
And by “kind of” I mean “definitely.”
And by “something” I mean “skewers.”
Not only does it make food feel so much more fancy, it makes grilling SO simple!
I once again feel like I’ve been missing out on life by only just discovering this.
But better late than never, right?
Especially when the result is something as beautiful and delicious as this (grilled watermelon is like, my new favorite thing EVER).
Thai Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Watermelon & Avocado (from Clean Eating)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon thai chili paste
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweetened flaked coconut
- 24 jumbo (21-25) shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into cubes
- 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups brown rice, prepared according to package instructions.
- Prepare marinade: In a food processor, blend chili paste, garlic, ginger, milk, lime juice and soy sauce, and coconut on high speed until smooth.
- In a square baking dish, add shrimp and top with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread on skewers.
- Thread watermelon and avocado on separate skewers.
- Grill, turning once, for 6 to 7 minutes, until shrimp are opaque throughout.
- Serve over brown rice