fudgy gluten-free almond flour brownies get special treatment when white chocolate and crushed peppermint are added for a holiday dessert everyone is sure to love!
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions contained within are my own. As always, thank you for allowing me to partner with companies to create yummy, wholesome recipes!
‘Tis the season for chocolate and peppermint!
I don’t know about you guys, but as soon as this time of year hits, I’m all about that flavor combination. It has to be one of my absolute favorites around the holidays.
I have a lot of friends and family members who are gluten-free so every year I try to make sure that I throw in some goodies for them to enjoy as well. And let me tell you, these almond flour peppermint bark brownies are total winners.
In fact, they’re so good that I’m already planning to make a double batch even for my non gluten-free family and friends because I know they’ll be a hit with everyone (including Santa 😉 ).
Bob’s Red Mill super-fine almond flour is a go-to for me when it comes to grain-free baking. It lends a delicious nutty flavor and super moist texture to my baked goods that just happens to be perfect for these brownies. Not only that, but almonds are a nutritional powerhouse, offering up vitamin E, protein, fiber and monounsaturated fats. Not bad for a flour that’s also naturally gluten-free, am I right?
Not only are these loaded with nutrition and holiday flavor, but they’re also super simple to pull together. The base of the brownie takes less than 5 minutes to mix up and then you can get everyone involved in the dipping and peppermint decorating! You can also use peppermint chips if you’re not into melting chocolate, but let me tell you, the dipped white chocolate is really what sends these over the edge in my opinion.
Regardless of what you decide, they’re sure to put smiles on everyone at your cookie swaps, holiday gatherings and office parties –gluten-free or not!
white chocolate peppermint almond flour brownies
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill super-fine almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup gluten-free white chocolate chips (more if desired)
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies (more if desired)
- Optional: powdered sugar & additional crushed peppermint candies for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare an 8×8 inch baking dish by lining with parchment paper or spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixture, cream together butter and sugar beating until light & fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined (about another minute).
- In a sifter, combine cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Sift into a separate smaller mixing bowl, then add in almond flour and whisk to incorporate.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and gently mix using a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips & crushed peppermint candies and mix until well-distributed.
- Add batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean (start checking after 20 minutes since every oven is different!).
- Once baked, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before turning out, slicing and topping with powdered sugar and crushed peppermint.