And the pumpkin streak continues!
I promise after October November, I’ll branch out a little bit more…but for now, ’tis the season!
This is another one I owe in large part to my older sister as, just like with the pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies, she turned me onto this.
I of course, being me, needed to make tweaks here and there to make it slightly healthier, but overall the taste is just as incredible as the original.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Butterscotch Cake (tweaked from verybestbaking)
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 11-oz. pkg. of butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 12-cup bundt pan
- Combine flour through salt in a large bowl, mix well and set aside
- Combine pumpin through vanilla extract in a stand mixer, mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients mixing until just combined
- Fold in package of butterscotch chips
- Pour into prepared bundt pan
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes
- Allow to cool in pan on a wire cooling rack for about 30 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to wire cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Dust with powdered sugar before serving