There aren’t really any words for how life-changing this pizza is.
This past weekend Chad and I found ourselves at California Pizza Kitchen by happenstance. We were at the mall, we were starving and it was the closest option that offered something with fruits and vegetables (which is usually my minimum requirement).
I spent about 15 minutes with the menu before landing on the california club pizza. It was a pizza topped with pretty much all my other favorite foods.
Chad and I often play the “if you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?” game and my answer is always “pizza and salad.”
It’s a winning combination. And this pizza does an amazing job of showcasing that.
I think I’m going to have to change my answer to this pizza from here on out. It’s the best of both worlds and you save yourself the dishes by not having to dirty a bowl or a fork for the salad! (it’s the little things…)
I hope you’re as crazy about this all-in-one pizza as I am.
- fresh whole wheat pizza dough from your local grocery store or pizza shop
- olive oil
- 1 grilled chicken breast
- 3 slices of center cut bacon, cooked*
- 1 cup of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (more or less as preferred)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1-2 cups arugula
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- 1/2 a fresh lime
- Balsamic glaze
- *I bake my bacon in the oven on 375 for 12 minutes
- preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- sprinkle cornmeal onto a round pizza pan
- work with the pizza dough (stretching, pressing, rolling) so that it spreads evenly across the majority of the pan
- drizzle olive oil over the top then sprinkle 1/2 the shredded mozzarella evenly over the pizza leaving about 1/2 inch of crust
- dice grilled chicken and crumble cooked bacon then sprinkle both evenly over the mozzarella
- sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the chicken and bacon
- bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until crust and cheese are golden brown
- remove pizza from the oven and allow to cool
- meanwhile, drizzle the sliced avocado with fresh lime juice
- once cooled, top the pizza with sliced tomatoes, arugula and sliced avocado
- garnish with fresh ground pepper and balsamic glaze (balsamic vinaigrette or other salad dressing of choice would also work perfectly here).
- NOTE: you may want to leave both the chicken and the bacon just a minute or two undercooked (NOT raw) as they will finish baking in the oven with the rest of the pizza