It’s hard to consider an option that can beat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich…until you swap out the bread for whole grain waffles.
There’s something about the waffles that just makes an ordinary pb&j taste even better.
Pairing it with berries brings out the true flavor of the jelly and adds a sweet and juicy twist that pairs perfectly with the warm waffles and melted peanut butter.
I personally like to slice my berries really thin and throw them right in between the waffles, but they’re also great as a topper.
Overall, you can’t beat this easy and delicious snack. It’s perfect to throw in your bag and take with you when you’re on the go for something tasty and filling!
- 2 whole grain waffles (I like Kashi and Van's )
- 1-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy!)
- 2 teaspoons of favorite flavor jam, jelly or fruit preserves (I like Polaner)
- Optional: sliced fruit or berries of choice
- Toast waffles
- Spread peanut butter and jelly on each side
- Sandwich together and slice in half (if desired)
- Sprinkle with berries or sandwich berries in between before pressing both sides together.