Ooooh boy is this going to be in heavy rotation in our household! We absolutely loved the way this turned out. Not only did the chicken turn out super moist and full of flavor, but it’s so versatile. You can easily get 4 different meals out of it!
We went with tacos first, but are already planning burrito bowls (brown rice, chicken, black beans, peppers, corn, salsa, plain greek yogurt and hot sauce), quesadillas and burritos! The sky is truly the limit – it all depends just how creative you get in the kitchen!
Since all the work is done in the crockpot you can set it up when you get home and just relax while dinner cooks for you! Or you can make it Sunday night and eat it all week!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-4.5 oz. jarred salsa
- 1-4oz. can diced green chilis
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- corn tortillas or cooked brown rice
- optional toppings: avocado, reduced fat mexican blend cheese, plain greek yogurt, sliced purple cabbage
- Add all items to the crockpot tossing the chicken to ensure it is well coated and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is falling-apart tender
- Once chicken is done, shred using two forks
recipe adapted from Food Network4