I know, I know. You’re thinking, “Avocado toast? Haven’t we been there, done that?”
But I think this is one of those dishes that everyone puts their own personal spin on, making each one unique.
I’m personally a huge fan of adding feta and red pepper flakes.
The feta gets nice and creamy when it hits the hot eggs and the red pepper flakes give it the perfect amount of heat.
I pair it with some orange slices and serve it at pretty much any time of day!
It’s a perfect balance of lean protein from the eggs, whole grain from the bread and healthy fat from the avocado!
And an as an added bonus, they take about 5 minutes total to pull together and are super satisfying. Can’t really complain about that!
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1/2 an avocado
- Juice from 1/4 of a lime
- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium orange
- Toast bread
- Meanwhile, mash 1/2 an avocado with lime juice and set aside
- Scrambled two eggs with milk and cook on the stovetop
- When bread pops, spread mashed avocado onto the top
- Layer scrambled eggs on top followed by feta cheese
- Sprinkle with red pepper
- Serve with orange slices